Monday, September 26, 2016   

  Home     About     Guest Editorials     Advertise     Blog     Site Map     Links     Contact      Subscribe RSS      Subscribe Email  
Home » Islamophobia-Watch.com

Majority of Republicans believe that Obama wants to ‘impose Islamic law around the world’

According to Newsweek opinion poll, a majority of Republicans believe that President Barack Obama “sympathizes with the goals of Islamic fundamentalists who want to impose Islamic law around the world”. 14% of respondents said that it was “definitely true”, while 38% said that it was probably true – bringing the total to 52%. 33% were prepared to concede that the accusation was “probably not true”, but only 7% said it was “definitely not true”. In addition, 59% said they believed the president favoured “the interests of Muslims over other groups of Americans”.

(Full poll results here.)

Via the Huffington Post, 30 August 2010

For the sort of hysterical right-wing misinformation campaign that has influenced Republican supporters’ views on Obama and Islam, see Bartholomew’s Notes on Religion, 31 August 2010

Share/Bookmark




Have your say!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>